Sex has been studied for centuries, with various explanations and discoveries that help us to understand passion and lust, bodily reactions and mechanics of pleasure. Late-night cable television shows may focus on weird sex stories and health journals publish articles about scientific sexual discoveries, but these 10 strange sex facts may surpass what the media and medicine have shared with you lately.
- The clitoris has at least 8,000 nerve endings. Compared to the penis with only 4,000 nerve endings, not only is the clitoris the most sensitive and sensual part of a woman’s body, but it’s also the most sensitive place on the human body, period. Fortunately, it is shielded by the clitoral hood, or accidental stimulation would surely be a problem. Because this is the most sensitive part of the female body, it is even more obvious why overstimulation or direct contact (without lube) is often uncomfortable.
- Nasal congestion may be cured with one good orgasm. The Journal of Medical Hypotheses reported in 2008 that the male orgasm stimulates the adrenergic receptors in the nasal passage, ridding your nose of the blockage. Male escorts may find that working while they have a cold or allergy flares alleviates some of their symptoms, especially a plugged up nose. While this is a great solution to a temporary problem, allergy sufferers should still seek treatment from their allergy medicines or other over-the-counter remedies.
- Sexual pleasure may be enhanced by the presence of pubic hair. Even though modern trends have gone through “bare down there” styles, it might be better to go back to the natural look. Pubic hair holds in pheromones (sex scents), which enhance arousal from the opposite sex. It is believed that pubic hair is on our body with the purpose to protect the genital regions, however scientists have discovered that the scents of sex are contained in pubic hair, which act as aphrodisiacs for sexual activity. When an escort becomes aroused, her body secretes certain odors, which can be picked up by her client, if her pubic hair keeps them contained near her body. So, not only will keeping your pubic hair intact help arouse your clients, but it will save money on that bikini wax (not to mention some pain, too!).
- Moisturize with sperm. According to studies, semen consists of high levels of protein, which works much the same way as anti-wrinkle cream when applied to your face and neck. Semen also contains magnesium, zinc, fructose, potassium and calcium, which have tightening properties for your skin. Even though it’s much cheaper than the designer creams you likely use on your face already, you’re probably going to stick with your traditional cream, instead of adding the sperm facial to your beauty regime.
- Men cum fast. According to Mark Elliot from the Institute for Psychological and Sexual Health in Columbus, the average speed of male ejaculation is 28 miles per hour. At that speed, it’s quite a surprise that sperm have so many troubles fertilizing eggs. But, once the sperm enters the vagina, they slow down and take up to 72 hours to penetrate an egg (if they, in fact, do accomplish penetration). With the speed of ejaculation, it’s a wonder that climaxes that go a little wild from oral sex don’t injure the back of the throat.
- Sexual attraction to objects is relatively common. Appreciation for beauty in architecture, art or other inanimate objects is a common occurrence for most of us, however some people take it to an extreme and develop deep sexual attractions for items instead of people. In 2007, a woman fell in love with the Eiffel Tower and reflected her love during a civil ceremony in which she changed her last name to “Eiffel” to honor her “marriage”. Other people around the world feel sensual, physical and emotional attraction to inanimate objects — this is called “objectum sexuality”. They place great importance on the significant relationships they build with objects, which to most mainstream individuals seems incomprehensible.
A good dose of sperm can cheer you up. An article published in Scientific American stated that semen contains natural mood enhancers including oxytocin, estrone, serotonin and prolactin in addition to nearly 50 other components that are natural antidepressants. Research psychologist Jesse Bering’s article suggested that semen only contains between one to five percent sperm, so the other components are considerable and have significant effects.
- Love can really choke you up. Many people participate in erotic asphyxiation, which is the act of purposefully restricting oxygen to the brain during climax, typically through strangulation, hanging or other methods. As the flow of oxygen from the blood to the brain is restricted, feelings of intense giddiness and euphoria are experienced, intensifying orgasms, according to reports. However, between 500 and 1,000 people die per year from erotic asphyxiation in the United States. Attempting this type of sex play is quite risky, and even experts (escorts, for example) should never attempt it.
- Men who eat celery are more sexually attractive to the opposite sex. Sexperts Dr. Mark Anderson and Dr. Walter Gaman report that eating celery increases the pheromones levels in a male’s body. Androstenone, a chemical found in the cytoplasm of celery, causes the body to produce more pheromones, which cause arousal in the opposite sex. So, male escorts should regularly munch on a stick of celery prior to meeting up with female clients. It is unclear whether the chemical causes elevation in the pheromone levels in women.
- Live longer. The British Medical Journal reported in 1997 that a strong correlation between orgasm and mortality rates exist. Facts indicated that people in the study who reported experiencing orgasms twice a week or more added up to eight years on to their life. This is just more scientific proof that sex can boost the immune system, enhances heart health, increases brain power and provides other health benefits that help to enhance our lives. As a result, it’s scientific proof that getting it on is a recipe for a longer (and, definitively more pleasurable!) life.
Scientists are learning more and more about sex and how it affects the human body. These strange sex facts are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to unique, taboo and amazing information related to how sex is experienced by various culture, the human body and society.
Unusual facts about sex are fun to learn, and escorts and their clients may even be interested in discussing them, as they come up.