Escorts of all tints of the adult entertainment industry are forever on the lookout for customers who are safety threats. Despite their attempts to screen clients, some truly scary characters slip through the gaps and create problems for providers. Because there are so many questionable types who call upon them for their services, providers are usually pretty defensive and vigilant about identifying threatening types. Knowing this, you should be on your very best behavior and avoid behaviors that would cause your provider to be creeped out by your presence. Here are some behaviors you shouldn’t engage in: Continue reading
As an adult service provider, you probably get clients who may request pretty standard stuff. They want to see skin and be turned on. But some customers take a little more than the usual seduction: they must have taken Apple’s ads seriously and took to thinking differently. Continue reading
It’s pretty easy to go along in life and believe the media hype about nearly everything. But, if you’re going to be a patron of adult entertainers, it’s probably a good idea to learn a little more about them. That includes learning what you shouldn’t believe, based on general stereotypes. Over all, adult entertainment providers are unique and can never be generally grouped into one category that describes them. Here are several reasons that what you thought was true about them, probably isn’t: Continue reading
Editor’s note: The author’s grammar and style have not been modified.
The world of escorting can seem intimidating and maybe even a little confusing to those who are new to it, both escorts and clients alike. One of the big questions that newbies often have is whether they should sign on with an escort agency or whether they should be independent. If you’re considering becoming an escort but have no idea where to start, I want to help you figure out what might be the best path for you. Continue reading
If you’re new to the industry, it’s probably pretty easy to come up with a dozen reasons for why being an adult entertainment service provider is a bad career choice. However, there are immeasurable benefits associated with the job, too – you just have to think out of the box and get rid of the negative self talk. Consider the positive changes the career can bring to your life, before you rule it out as a impossibility. Here are just a few of the advantages:
- The pay: Many adult entertainers make hundreds (or thousands) of dollars in a single day/night. It’s relatively common for a sex worker to only work a few days per week, instead of the usual five days (or more) that people in mainstream careers typically show up for. Even individuals who are educated for higher paying occupations often find that they can make more in the adult entertainment industry than they can doing what they went to school for. The fact is that adult entertainment is a niche industry that customers are willing to pay high dollars for. They are doling out money for your open-mindedness, discretion and skills. You may earn as much (or more!) than a doctor or lawyer in the same amount of time. And, it doesn’t require the degrees, student loans or length of time to gain the level of expertise to qualify for the job. In many careers within the industry, you get to establish your own rates, which enables your potential to earn a very fulfilling income.
- Flexibility: Being able to create your own schedule is not often an attribute of a “traditional” career. But, when you work in the adult entertainment business, it’s definitely an option. Blocking out time that you can’t work is totally doable, as long as you leave opportunities for clients to hook up with you during their peak times. Additionally, many careers in the adult entertainment industry work less traditional schedules. Your shifts may rotate during hours that are easier for you to work around your daily life and obligations. For instance, if you have children, you may be able to stay home with them during the day and leave at night to go work, after they are already in bed. Or, you may find yourself only having to work a few shifts per week. Additionally, when you work in the adult entertainment field, it’s very possible to work an irregular schedule, which comes in handy if your life is a little crazy with friends’ and family members’ activities that don’t occur on a regular basis.
- Opportunity to help others: Many customers of the adult entertainment industry are in need of your help. Some have difficulties or challenges in establishing or maintaining a relationship with another person, so they require the company of an escort for some affection and socialization, along with intimacy. Some just need a friendly face and a distraction from other stressers in their lives, so they visit gentleman’s clubs where exotic dancers provide eye candy and entertainment. And, others might need some “intimate” interactions, but can’t and don’t want to leave their homes for it. They may seek out that kind of stimulation from webcam performances. Whatever their reasons, clients and customers often have their own baggage they’re trying to overcome. Adult entertainment providers help out these individuals by just being nice, looking good and having an open mind. Your smile, attention and understanding may go a long way for customers who are lacking that in their personal lives. Being able to help others through your career can be especially rewarding. And, though, you may not think of what you do as world-changing, it makes all the difference to your clients.
- Chance to explore own sexuality: Regardless of what part of the industry you’re in, it’s likely that you’ve found yourself out of your personal comfort zone at least once. Unless you’ve racked up a lot of experience in alternative scenes prior to entering the industry, you’ve probably left a lot of your fantasies as just that. And, it’s probable that you’ve limited your exploration to the boundaries of past partners. Once you become active as an adult entertainment services provider, you will get the chance to push your own limitations and look beyond your “norm.” Requests from clients and employers may stretch you beyond your past experiences. And, as you observe others in the industry, you may be encouraged and intrigued by what you see, leading you to try new things. It’s possible that you will find new things you like and that you’re good at. At the same time, you may discover that something you wanted to try is just not for you. As a result of this trial and error on your part, you become a much more worldly sex worker, with a broader appeal to customers and clients. And, knowing what you like and don’t want is a definite turn on for most of your clientele.
- Opportunity to elevate your goals: To be successful in the adult entertainment business, you have to establish some goals. But, these goals are apt to be much higher than they would be if you didn’t start your provider career. For instance, breaking even may be a standard goal that you would’ve made prior to entering the career field, because that seemed the most reasonable. However, because the means are available to you, your new goals will feature much more. Getting out of poverty, elevating your standard of living, obtaining an education or creating your own business may be goals that are easily accessible to you. In addition, you may see that you can completely change your socioeconomic status in just a few months, if you work hard and appeal to clients. You can establish a whole new lifestyle with your new career.
- Chance to network: As a worker in the adult entertainment field, you get the opportunity to meet a variety of people, often in prestigious and powerful positions. And, while you should never take advantage of your relationships with those who lead impressive lives or earn massive wealth, it’s definitely worth your while to learn from them and make the most of your connections with them. Sometimes, it might just be that they will refer their friends to you for good times. Other opportunities might include mentorships, job recommendations and insider information when appropriate. They might help you connect with the “right” person for a job interview. Or, they might get you tickets to that event you’ve been dying to go to. The old saying of “It’s not what you know, but who you know” is certainly true. Often, knowing the right person through your connections may garner you lots of benefits. Additionally, it’s possible to network within the industry. You may find new people to associate with who understand your lifestyle. And, you will encounter new outlets for work, just through your involvement in the field.
- Gain confidence: Entering into the adult entertainment field can help you build confidence. Most women struggle with self esteem when associated with their own self images. They feel that their bodies are not quite right or dislike other aspects about themselves. When you become an escort, exotic dancer or webcam performer, it’s a little unnerving the first time or two you bare it all for a client. However, after you get a few compliments from your clients, you feel like a million bucks. You get a new appreciation for your ample booty or your porcelain skin, things you may have cursed about yourself prior. Most clients are very generous with compliments and aren’t afraid to lavish you with their own appreciation. They are drawn to you due to your beauty and charm. They regularly let you know how attracted to you they are, which makes you feel like the most admired woman in the world. This kind of attention can really boost your ego and give you the confidence that you can accomplish anything you set your sights on.
- Obtain leadership skills: Gaining confidence from your complimentary clients may give you a boost that will help you take steps toward your own independence from others. And, as you embark on your professional career as an adult entertainment services provider, you will gain leadership skills you may not have even known you had. Many careers within the industry allow for entrepreneurship and being your own boss. This requires you to develop leadership qualities that will allow you to take risks, make tough decisions and strategize your business moves. Being your own boss requires you to set priorities needed to reach goals, in addition to establishing methods that will be most effective to reach those objectives. You will learn how to encourage yourself and gain insight to your own motivations. Truly becoming a leader as you run your own business will benefit you, not only in your professional endeavors, but in your personal life, as well.
- Develop empathy: Without encountering others with difficult life situations or limitations, it’s unlikely that you have any opportunity to gain considerable empathy for people who are battling issues beyond your experience. However, when you work within the adult entertainment services field, it’s very probable that you will come across clients who battle obstacles everyday that make life hard for them. Whether it’s health issues (mental or physical) or traumatic histories that make them unlike others, they require special assistance to feel “normal.” After spending some time with these individuals you will gain empathy for the plight of anyone who struggles to fit in, in any way. They will give you an understanding of how discouraging it is never be like others or to find acceptance. And, you’ll observe, firsthand, how hard they try to be like everyone else, at least on the outside. Even though you may think it’s going to make you “soft,” gaining empathy just makes you a much nicer person. Being able to identify with others with an open mind will create countless opportunities for happiness on your end, in addition to heartbreak for your clients. Learning to have compassion for others is essential in life. However, be sure to not let it take over your business smarts. You are a professional and must retain your business relationship with clients and customers, unaffected by whatever issues they face. But, it helps you to accept their differences and eccentricities.
- Be more open-minded: Most people get in ruts and assume that “normal” is the same for everyone. If you learn nothing else from your experiences in the adult entertainment industry, the most important lesson is that “normal” is different for everyone. Just because you think you’re right or feel your preferences are pretty standard, it doesn’t mean that others will vary widely about what they like. For instance, escorts learn that clients have many sexual preferences that range from role playing, straight-up intercourse to bondage (and everything in between). Some clients prefer plus-sized exotic dancers, while others like thinner ones. Some viewers like fetish webcam performances, while others enjoy plain old self-pleasuring displays. You can’t ever predict what a client will want, so pigeon holing someone into a box isn’t going to get you anywhere. The same is true with life. You can’t “judge a book by its cover,” as the old saying goes. You will learn to accept that people are different and to appreciate that those differences make the world a more interesting and better place.
- Stay in shape: The adult entertainment industry has room for in it for people of all sizes. However, whatever size you are, you still want to be in pretty good shape in order to perform for your clients. Whether porn or escorting is your deal, you need to have stamina, strength and endurance. Even if you’re a plus-sized webcam model, get your legs in shape so they remain shapely and beautiful. Taking care of yourself physically is a requirement for the job, which is a great benefit personally. To perform at your best, get plenty of exercise, sneak in at least 8 to 9 hours of sleep each night, drink plenty of water and eat a balanced diet. This will keep you healthy, inside and out. Having an excuse to keep yourself in good shape is a great advantage to this career.
- Getting to be someone you’re not: One of the most fun elements of being an adult entertainment services provider is pretending to be someone you’re not. One of the most important rules of this industry is to maintain your anonymity. Keep your personal details to yourself for a couple of different reasons: 1) Reduce the chances of a fan/customer/client stalking you or seeking you out in your personal life, and 2) Clients/customers/fans want the fantasy, not the reality. They don’t want to know that you’re a wife and mom with three kids, two still in diapers. They want to imagine you as a hot, dirty librarian, or some other fantasy they’ve got running around in their heads. And, because you shouldn’t be who you really are when working professionally, it gives you the opportunity to recreate yourself in any manner you please. If you’re normally a meek, milder sort, you get the chance to become a wild, rebellious type. You can develop any kind of persona you want, which is really kind of fun and empowering. Being unrestrained to establish your own identity allows you to have freedom and excitement as you become someone new for clients.
Looking like a web zombie is pretty easy to accomplish when you haven’t tweaked the details as you perform for audiences on webcam. Adult service providers who work as webcam models can prevent many common mishaps by utilizing a few simple tips and applying common sense. Audiences don’t just tune into your performance for the kinky things you may do on camera. They join your show because of the way you present yourself… and, that’s what keeps them coming back for more. Ensure loyal viewers and new fans by exceeding expectations and looking sexy during your performances. Utilize these tips for sure-fire success: Continue reading
Like with most things, there are certainly some unique perks and downsides to the escorting business. From dry office humor to crude construction site banter, we tend to get more laughs out of our work when we congregate with others like ourselves. Birds of a feather flock together, as the old saying goes. Continue reading
If you intend to have more than just one or two sessions with escorts in your life, then you will probably encounter a wide variety of escort types. There are a plethora of reasons that escorts get into the industry, and they have even more motivations for keeping the career.
Escorts are from different backgrounds and view their careers differently. Synching up your preferences with her type may make your experience much more successful. And, while there are limitless ways to categorize escorts, consider these as some of the most popular types:
- Material girl: The material girl escort is exactly as she sounds. She is highly motivated by money. She associates physical things of value with status and probably carries designer bags, wears imported shoes and flaunts labels whenever she can. This escort will namedrop, when appropriate, and always insists on the best — whatever she thinks it means. From hotel suites to wine, she isn’t satisfied unless it’s costly and seemingly associated with the rich and famous. She works for tips, high rates and gifts. Her goals are wealth and luxury. Clothing, accessories and jewelry are favorites. She strives to not only own a nice place to live, but it also must be located in the poshest of neighborhoods and be furnished with the most upscale items your money can buy. If you’re looking for an escort who knows her way in and out of the wealthy circles, she’s probably the one. But, if you want some simple time with an escort who is easy to please with common themes, you may want to keep looking for your match.
- Niche escort: The niche escort provides non-mainstream services or activities that most others will not. She may have some fetishes of her own. She may walk the wild side. Or, she may just be an ordinary woman who has elected to provide opportunities for clients who want something beyond standard encounters. Typically, niche escorts are a lot more open-minded, having seen and heard a lot of requests and non-typical behavior. However, they may have stricter rules and policies than other escorts. Because they perform a role that others do not, they have a monopoly on business, in a way, and can be much sterner with clients for not adhering to their guidelines. They have strong stances about respect, tardiness and scheduling. Their rates may be higher, because the bookings they provide are harder to come by and may cost more to prepare for. If you want a standard girlfriend experience, you shouldn’t seek out a niche escort. However, if you want a GFE that turns into sploshing fun, a niche escort might be exactly who you’re looking for.
- Rebel: The rebellious escort probably had all of the advantages handed to her, growing up, but chose to seek her own path of excitement. She grew tired of being expected to act or talk in such a boring or “respectful” manner — and, is even more put off by the concept that she should hold her reputation in such esteem and care what others think of her. She wants to be bad. A rebel desires a more crooked route to her life. She enjoys shocking others with her actions or language. And, even more, she revels in the idea that her family is appalled at her lifestyle. On the surface, she is capable of acting refined and well behaved. But, she enjoys getting down and nasty, talking dirty and being kinky. Clients who are looking for a good girl turned bad escort will find exactly who they are looking for with a rebel escort. But, if you’re mild-mannered or wish her to have more manners or care what you think, you should steer clear of this one.
- Hard-working, blue collar escort: This kind of an escort is likely very grounded and has a lot of common sense. Something sparked in her life that caused her desire more. Maybe she wants a better life for her children. Or, she just wants to move up, herself. She learned early on that she could build something beneficial and profitable by monetizing her good looks. She may be a former beauty queen or a Hooter’s waitress who realized that crowns and hot wings were for the other girls. She works hard for what she has, and she believes in providing good customer service and amazing client experiences through encounters. She won’t take any nonsense, but she’s good-hearted and willing to entertain all reasonable ideas for bookings. If you’re trying to find an escort who will treat you well without a lot of hype or games, this escort may be the one for you.
- Convert: She has moved up from her previous career as a prostitute to an escort. However, because she probably started on the streets, her mentality is a bit more ghetto. She is a little rough around the edges and may ask a LOT of questions about your identity, because she’s naturally a little suspicious of all clients. She’s extra cautious with her money and belongings and is ever aware (possibly paranoid) that the authorities could be watching. She may or may not be a clock watcher and is extremely concerned about the services provided, but not as much about the experience. While many converts are EXCELLENT escorts, some may lack the finesse that other high-end escorts do, as they were brought up in a different style of adult entertainment. She’s all about how she’s going to make her income and what her services are worth, so do NOT try to negotiate rates with her. Additionally, she is tough… so, don’t try to razz her. She is usually on the defensive and will cut you down in nothing flat. BUT — a convert is a great escort when you are pressed for time and care more about rolling in the hay than a sexy massage.
- Outsider: Some women always wanted to run in the elite social circles, but were unable to break through because of social barriers. They weren’t wealthy enough or had other restrictions that somehow prevented them from ever fitting in the way they wanted to. But, as an escort, they get to join a class of society that they were unable to be a part of. She learned she could buy into the “in club” with her good looks, charm and skill set. And, once she found a few clients in those circles, she was a shoe-in. She will use her influence and discretion to ensure she has a place from now on. Clients who want an escort who realizes the subtle nuances required to “fit in” or want to associate with someone who knows how to “fake it ’til you make it” will be happy with an outsider escort. Additionally, she has no friends or family in the circles you run in, except for associates through the industry, other clients and individuals she has fooled to get by with — so, she’s a sure bet to keep your trysts secret.
- Smart cookie: The smart cookie is just that: very intelligent. She is probably quite educated and has the abilities to establish an outstanding career in an industry of her choice. However, she saw the writing on the wall. She realized early on that there was a smarter way to make money than giving all of her time away to a corporation. From wanting the flexibility of her own schedule and not having to answer to a “boss”, this smart escort is making use of her talents and education to do great things for herself. She’s probably very business savvy and is a whiz at marketing. She is totally serious about her bottom line and knows what she has to do to make money. However, she may be inexperienced with her actual skills as an escort. For many clients, this isn’t a problem. As long as her personality and intelligence shines through, most clients find it appealing that she may be more innocent intimately than other escorts. She is a great match for clients who are equally intelligent and appreciate good conversation and witty banter.
- Accidental escort: Some escorts really don’t intend to join the industry – at least not for more than just a booking or two. It’s happened more than once where a young woman is propositioned with an opportunity that will introduce her into the career. Perhaps, an acquaintance suggests that she spend the night with him for a certain “reward”. Or, she may find herself in a financial hole and resound herself to working as an escort, just to crawl out of a difficult situation. But, once she has experienced the income potential and enjoyed a nice client or two, it’s challenging to step away from the job. Being an escort offers autonomy, great money and the opportunity to create your own business. So, some escorts didn’t fully intend to become providers; they just kind of fell into it. The benefits of these escorts are that they are not so seasoned in the field that their attitudes are tainted, nor are they long-term escorts who have been so far around the block they are worn out. Most of these escorts have a huge appreciation for what their position offers them, and they are willing to be the best that they can be for clients.
- Part-timer: Many escorts just do the gigs for extra income. They are part-time escorts and maintain a more “traditional” job elsewhere. They only take on a few clients weekly/monthly, and the income they make is usually extra, either to fill in the gaps where their full-time job doesn’t or to pay for extras their family needs. They work only on the weekends, evenings or specifically on other days they have off. Their availability is limited, both for booking times and communication. As a client, you are going to have to be flexible — or your schedule must fit with theirs. There will be no exceptions, resulting in it being difficult to succeed with a booking. You may need to schedule considerably ahead of time to ensure an encounter. And, if you score a spot on her client list, you should probably secure a regular spot on her calendar if you hope to see her frequently.
- Seductress: Some escorts started out as the “other woman”. They may have been seeing married men since they were old enough to date and learned what it took to uphold a discreet lifestyle. After being passed over for the “wife” several times, they may have decided that they can actually make a career out of being the seductress in a relationship. These escorts are typically irresistible. They have an allure about them that will make even the most loyal man consider straying. They know how to draw a client out and give him a special encounter, unlike anything he experiences with his wife or partner. However, this escort is entirely aware that while there are no strings attached, she will maintain a hold on her clients through her power over them. She banks on that to bring them back for more — giving and taking as it pleases her. Actually, some escorts who are seductresses sometimes see it as a game. She may play with your emotions and tease you along the way. If nothing else, it gets a client’s motor revving and is always exciting.
- Sugar baby: The kept woman, sometimes called a sugar baby, often becomes an escort after she discovers that her power over a man can get her many material possessions, including room and board. It’s definitely an incentive to any woman to be supplied with money to live on, a place to live and other nice “bonuses”. Sugar babies are usually taken in by older, wealthy gentlemen who want to keep fresh, young women all to themselves, while still maintaining their “respectable” lives in the eyes of society. But, many sugar babies decide that if they can do it for one guy, they can perform the same services for several clients. Becoming an escort is just a natural step for many sugar babies — especially if the relationship fails or comes to an end. Advantages of a sugar baby are that they are there whenever you need/want them… as long as you keep supplying the money.
- Entrepreneur: The entrepreneurial escort is working toward an overall goal of having her own business. Whether she is striving to own her own escort agency or wants to open another type of business, her proceeds will go toward her efforts for her endeavor. Her bottom line is essential to her and she is incredibly focused on her future. She may ask for advice or opinions along the way, especially from clients who are successful business owners or financial wizards. She has established benchmarks and accomplishments she needs to conquer as she works her way up. She is no slouch and will work hard for what she wants — including giving you a great encounter. But have no doubt: she will hope she can utilize your connections when the time comes to open her new venture.
What do you really, really need for your escorting business to prosper? Sure, great ads, fabulous photographs and a brilliant attitude all help. Condoms in several sizes and lube are simply part of the furniture. But let’s get right to the key stuff. Continue reading
You’re excited and finally free! No more pandering to the escort agency owner or accepting bookings you shudder to think of. Moving to an independent escorting career is empowering and something to be proud of. However, without proper planning and real expectations, your endeavor may be quite a slap in the face. Continue reading